Things That Require a Photo ID
With increased security concerns across the country, Photo ID’s are more necessary than ever. From identity theft to building security concerns, businesses are becoming more stringent with identification procedures. Think of it this way: your individual DNA is used as an identification tool in terms of biology, just as a Photo ID is used to identify you by sight.
A Photo ID is required for many different tasks that we may take for granted, and there are many situations where a Photo ID is required, with only just a few listed below.
- Access to certain buildings, particularly schools, medical facilities and government offices.
- Passing through security checkpoints at any airport to board a flight.
- Cashing a check, opening an account, or making changes to an account at a bank.
- Taking a tour of the White House.
- Lease an apartment or buy a home.
- Obtain a job – employers are required to provide proof of identity for personnel records.
- Apply for college, trade or technical school.
- Receive Public Benefits – including health insurance and assistance.
- Obtain a gym membership.
- Acquire a public library card.
- Apply for a marriage license or passport.
While many of these things may seem trivial, it only serves to prove the need for a Photo ID to function in today’s world. And to take it a step further, many buildings have increased security measures where a company-issued Photo ID is required to have access to a building, or particular areas of a building.
Photo ID solutions in certain professions is not only beneficial, but essential. In disaster situations, a Photo ID solution can help to discern who belongs and who doesn’t. Licensed professionals with government-issued Photo ID solutions can also assist in particular situations where help is necessary by providing proof of their profession as well as their identity. This ensures that licensed professionals can address critical needs as they arise, and can quickly and easily be identified as as they carryout their professional activities day-to-day as well as in times of emergency.
ACS East is the sole distributor and provider of ID solutions in the Eastern PA, New Jersey and Delaware area, providing comprehensive ID Solutions as well as onsite installation and support. Recognizing the need for comprehensive ID Solutions in such fields as healthcare, education, financial institutions and government buildings, ACS East provides a number of ID Solutions tailored to meet the needs of the specific organization, adding an extra layer of safety and security to any workplace. ACS East also provides a variety of personalized ID Solutions, including:
- Plastic ID Printers for ID/Photo Cards
- Wristbands and Bar Code Labeling Systems
- Systems for Accepting Cashless Payments
- Systems for Authenticating Credentials
- Equipment for Personalizing ID Cards
- Systems for Embossing and Imprinting
- Customized Smart Card Technology
- Logical Access for Authenticated User Access
- Secure Log On or Single Log On Access Protection
Security is not just important to your organization, it is a necessity. Contact ACS East for more information on their comprehensive personalized ID Solutions, where their expert professionals will design an ID Solution tailored specifically to meet your needs.