Why Use an ID Card System?
ID cards are an efficient and practical way to keep people and property safe, while allowing your organization to track and monitor building access through a number of industries.
These cards are used to:
- Provide security to employees, staff, and property
- Track a person’s whereabouts
- Control access to buildings
- Check on security clearances
- Pay for food and recognize other benefits
Photos and other identifying information can be printed on cards, adding an extra layer of security.
ID Card Systems Provide Needed Safety Measures
ID cards are used in many industries, including:
- Healthcare. Healthcare organizations usually have a high number of employees who must be identified when they walk into their workplace. Hospitals and healthcare providers have millions of dollars’ worth of equipment, and it’s important that only people who have received permission should be allowed in certain areas. Additionally, many ID systems can track people’s movements as they go from place to place or building to building, giving the administration an exact idea of who is where at all times.
- Schools. Many K-12 schools have switched to an ID card system to track staff, faculty, students, and visitors. School can use the cards to track students who get on and off the school bus, who visit the lunchroom, and who enter certain rooms or labs. School-issued ID cards can also be filled with visitor information obtained from a driver’s license. Some schools also update clearances using the ID cards.
- Government. ID card systems are used by regional centers for drivers’ Licenses, identification to enter local and state government buildings, and selected access to buildings and departments.
If you require ID cards on an as-needed and immediate basis, photo card printers are available that can be easily print on-site for employees, vendors, and visitors to schools, hospitals, and offices.
ID Card Systems Pittsburgh
Automated Card Systems is Pittsburgh’s leading ID specialist, working with businesses throughout western Pennsylvania to provide training, support, and onsite installation to companies and organizations who would like to upgrade or begin using a photo ID system.
Contact ACS today to learn more about our state-of-the-art systems.